Thursday, November 10, 2011

Timmy Returns - The Page of Swords

Timmy
I wasn't really in the mood to pull a daily card today. I'm in very lazy place.  However, I promised myself a daily blog and I wasn't about to quit less than a month in, so I grabbed my Rider deck and pulled Timmy, The Page of Swords. Some of you may remember Timmy. He is one of my spirit guides and I was first introduced to him in January of 2009 (you may read the blog about our meeting here). Since then Timmy and I talked once (read our conversation here) but that was all the contact we've had. Until now.

What did my Page have to tell me?

In the Page of Swords we see a boy standing on hill, holding a sword like a baseball bat. To me the pose seems very romantic and Broadway, almost as if he is going to break out in song to profess his love to someone. Pages are the most sophomoric of all the Court Cards. They pine and get overly emotional about everything. The Swords influence on our Page is to outthink those emotions. Deny them. Seek higher ground. Do not engage, do not battle. Simply remove yourself from the fray. Detach from the person or the issue. When forced to do battle the Swords influence on our Page makes him outsmart his opponent. He is smarter and he knows it. Our Page knows the advantage of a well placed barb. His words, like his sword, are cutting. But our Page only jabs at his opponent and then runs away. He lacks the maturity and skills of the Knight to stay the battle.

The Page's aloofness may be welcome in an easygoing situation. He is charming, outgoing and engaging. You could do far worse than to spend dinner with the Swords Page. In a more detailed oriented situation, or if dealing with a difficult challenge our Page may be found lacking the focus, discipline and vigilance needed to go the distance.

I believe Timmy showed up today to remind me to be both vigilant in moving forward with my projects and to watch my words, for they can not be taken back.

No comments:

Post a Comment