Friday, February 20, 2009

Learn To Give Freely

Today's card was the Four of Pentacles Reversed. In the Four we see a well to do merchant dressed regally in purple. He is clutching four pentacles to his chest. His hands clasped tightly together.

The Four shows a miserly demeanor. One who does not share easily. I believe that this miserly way extends beyond monetary matters to include a person's time, thoughts and feelings. A person described as the Four of Pentacles may be a clock watcher or emotionally unreachable. You may never know what is on their minds since the are communicatively closed.

Reversed the card is a reminder to give freely and openly. I believe this card reflects and relates back to my daily draw of the last few days and to my Birthday Spread yesterday. It is reminder to open my heart up and give. I can not be afraid of getting hurt. The only way to heal my pain is to let it go. Holding on to it does not protect me, but instead jails me. The four shows me I need to let people back in and take the risk.

3 comments:

  1. Weird! I drew the Four of Pentacles today, but it wasn't reversed and I haven't had time to post about it. Not that anything exciting happened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems a perceptive take, especially where you define miserliness beyond monetary matters. The merchant obviously had to spend money to buy goods to resell, and had to spend money on that gorgeous purple robe, albeit for himself. But there is something called "scarcity mentality", don't know if you're familiar with the terms, but you described the clock-watchers, et al. I found it an eye-opener a few years back to see where the scarcity mentality had snuck into my life. (Caught it from someone else.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Astrologically, this is the minor that corresponds to the last decan of Capricorn, so the 4 of Pentacles is my 'birthday card'. I've only been able to connect with the Thoth 4 of Disks in that way though (Power), since I don't like to label myself a miser lol

    I agree with the 'scarcity mentality' comment, and I think we all need to monitor this in ourselves until we've truly made the leap to an 'abundance mentality' in all areas of our lives.

    I liked the way you connected this card with your challenge right now to open up and let people back into your life.

    ReplyDelete