Saturday, February 21, 2009

Keep Chugging

The first thought that came to mind when I saw today's card was, "Keep Chugging."

In the Ten of Wands we see a man, perhaps a laborer, straining under the weight of his burden. The man is walking in a lush green field and is being watched by two bucks in the distance. The clear night sky becomes a light twilight as it stretches down to the earth.

While the man is clearly straining under the weight of his wands, he is taking slow and deliberate steps to ensure that he does not fall or drop any of his parcel. His head is also held high and his eyes are focused straight ahead on his goal. Our man knows the end is in sight. He knows he will not lose focus and will complete his task.

The lesson of the Ten is to keep my "Eyes on the Prize." It reminds me that when I get tired or weighed down by minutia or other bits bits of irrelevancy, or simply fed up to keep focus - the finish is closer than I think.

I can't help but think of The Little Engine That Could with this card. And the call of that engine should me my mantra.

"I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment