Saturday, January 3, 2009

Primary Deck Reflections Card of the Day - Four of Wands


I've been doing a study of the Gilded Tarot with the help of the Easy Tarot companion book for a few days now. The author takes you card by card through the Minor Arcana (Ace through Ten), then the Court Cards of each suit and finally the Major Arcana. Since I am currently knee deep in Wands my card selection today is the Four of Wands. While I dreamed the other day of the Three of Wands (Read the post in The Aeclectic Tarot Forum) and I enjoy the dark imagery of the Five. The Four is my favorite card because it says family to me.

In it we see a man, his wife and child standing under four wands which are wrapped in wreaths and flowers. They are surrounded by lush, green fields and bunnies graze contentedly in front of them. I always think of a home when I think of this image. It reminds me that family is the most important thing and to take the time to build a good family support system. Spending time with loved ones is paramount to living an enjoyable life filled with passion, love and laughter. I don't know anyone who on their deathbed said, "I wish I spent more time at the office!"

This card reminds me to slow down and take the time to re-charge my batteries.

1 comment: