Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Decks!!!

Yesterday my Channukah present arrived. I received The Original RWS Tarot and three books to aid me in my journey - Learning Tarot: A Tarot Book for Beginners, 78 Degrees of Wisdom and Easy Tarot: Learn To Read The Tarot Once And For All. The most pleasant surprise was seeing that Easy Tarot came with a Gilded Tarot deck!! This is a beautiful deck that I fell in love with instantly.

It is also a deck I spent $30 to purchase from another vendor!! So as soon as it arrives I will have two(!) copies of the Gilded Tarot.

I am working my way through the study guide that came with the deck and while I have found it very useful, I disagree with a few of the author's suggestions. These mostly have to do with wrapping the tarot in cloth or sleeping with it under your pillow. It's not that I believe these rituals are poppycock, I believe them to be rituals based upon personal beliefs and I don't think you need to perform any juju to better our relationship with the decks.

We just need to study and use the decks. There is no magic. Or perhaps more correctly, all there is is magic.

I look forward to getting to know this deck and working with it closely. I will keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment