Friday, November 4, 2011

Daily Draw - King of Wands

Today's draw is another wand. It seems all I get these days are Wands and Pentacles. Certainly since Samhain my Daily Draws and personal readings have been full of them. Really, it's no surprise.  I have been working on establishing a Tarot business for about nine months now. On Samhain the urgency and direction of the business changed. The appearance of today's King reminds me of the social responsibility we each have in our professional lives.

The King of Wands sits on his throne. He seems to be leaning forward a bit, as if he is ready to leap off and join the fray. Salamanders adorn his robe and salamanders and lions are etched into his throne. Lions represent the "King of the Jungle." and are responsible for the safety and protection of the pride. Regardless of the King's lofty status he is still responsible for the wellbeing of the lowliest of his subjects. The lions also represent Richard the Lionhearted and the astrological sign Leo, one of the Fire signs.

Salamanders are symbolic of renewal, enlightenment and rebirth. The salamander was a mystical creature to early alchemists and were believed to renew their sight by looking into the sun. Notice that the salamanders on the robe of the Rider King of Wands is swallowing it's own tail.  This is a symbol of completion, maturity, and infinity.

The King is the the completion of Wands' fire energy. The energy of passion, renewal and creation.

It should be noted that as I pulled the King of Wands from the Gilded Tarot the Three of Cups fell out. The Cups Three reminds me that it is time for joy and celebration and also lets me know that all the hard work and compromises shown in the earlier Queen will pay off and my business endeavor will be successful.

This thought is echoed by today's King. For being the conclusion of the suit shows me the eventual completion of this project and this part of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment